“Twenty-five marketing professionals walk into a room . . .” It sounds like the start of a corny joke, but it’s where I found myself recently while attending an invaluable AMA-sponsored seminar (American Marketing Association) focused on balancing strategy with creative management.
Topics discussed ranged from managing the demands placed on key marketing decision-makers these days to navigating the shifting sands of influencer audiences, as well as increasing hybridization of media options. As an aside, all attendees were in agreement that mobile marketing is a conduit that cannot be ignored—and is now starting to truly show its potential . . .but I digress.
This whimsical comment issued by Mark Twain in May 1897, was his response to a premature report of his own demise, a decade prior to actual death.
A similar sentiment of imminent death has been espoused by pundits pondering mainstay sales tools, like good old Microsoft PowerPoint™. In the same spirit of Twain’s reply, the bigger technology picture seems to say, “Not so fast.”
Challenge #1: You Need Expertise
Editor’s Note – This is the first in what will be a regular series addressing marketing challenges. We stole our list from a great article by Michael Shanker of Extraprise that appeared Feb. 20 on CMO.com. The article, titled “10 reasons to Outsource More of your Marketing,” focused more on the digital/techie side of the marketing managers’ job. For our series, the Azure team will look at the challenges in a more general way.
A national pharmaceutical company is currently running ads that ask, “Would you let a doctor do your job. Then why are you doing his?” The message is, when you need help, go to the experts. That holds true for your marketing and communications. Read more >>
- Latest blog post talks back-to-basics marketing from a sweet source - be sure to bring a glass of milk. http://t.co/Wr0thhPnse
- The Alford Control Toolkit has been updated and is now available in the Apple app store. New features, and... http://t.co/MSLgVM0nkr
- RT @Nearview: Our latest app for #Alfordmedia is now available! If you are a video TD using #Barco boxes, you're going to love this! htt ...
- Is your website mobile friendly? Learn why it should be. http://t.co/1PaUkgn8
- Azure's latest newsletter has a special spotlight on presentations. http://t.co/gvMsOulX